Do you know Freshdesk? Let me tell you that it is a powerful user assistance software widely used nowadays due to its advantages.
Table of Contents
But before we talk about the tool, let's put it in context to better understand how it works and how to use it. As you know, in e-commerce it is important to maintain a communication channel between customers and the business, to know their needs, problems, suggestions, and even increase our sales.
For this, there are several software that offer services that allow communications with customers through email, social networks, chats, among others. And this is where Freshdesk enters the scene.
What is Freshdesk
Freshdesk is a customer service software that allows you to serve your customers through chats, email, different social networks, and even platforms like WhatsApp Business. In a nutshell, it acts as a help desk that, as its website says, has everything you need to redefine the customer support department of any business.
The services & features offered by Freshdesk lie in what has already been mentioned: customer communication. However, their services are quite extensive. Here are some of them
Recording of conversations
Freshdesk allows you to organize and assign tickets to attend to each user who communicates with the support department. But this system includes features like:
- Management and tracking of tickets from multiple channels in a single inbox.
- Management of deadlines for answering tickets.
- Detection of agents who are working at the same time on the resolution of the same ticket.
- Creation of customized ticket statuses.
- Automating repetitive tasks related to ticket management.
- Creation of automatic responses.
Team problem resolution
Freshdesk offers the valuable possibility of working in teams to solve customer problems in a faster, more organized, and efficient way. Within this service are these functions:
- Establish contact with workers from different departments within the company to solve a ticket or a portion of it.
- Possibility to share tickets with other teams and always be aware of their progress.
- Link related tickets.
- Management of primary and secondary tickets.
The options for customer support are varied: email, phone, Twitter, chat, Facebook, WhatsApp Business and website. But, for better customer service management, they can be unified and managed from a single platform.
Freshdesk allows you to automate a large number of functions so that your team can work better. Among the automation options are:
- Intelligent ticket distribution and assignment.
- Time- or event-driven automation.
- Automatic email notifications.
In order not to make this article too long, I will mention some of their other outstanding services without going too much into detail:
- Automatic solution suggestion
- Forum moderation
- Linking of forum topics to tickets
- Reports based on various metrics
- Complete customization
- Advanced security options: SSL certificates, identity and access management, and more
Freshdesk has a vast app market to integrate almost any tool, and a complete developers program.
Contact and CRM Integrations
- Amazon Seller Central
- Google accounts
- Salesforce CRM
- HubSpot & Hubspot CRM
- Zoho CRM
- Freshsales Suite
- Freshdesk for Salesforce
- Zoho CRM
- And others
Communication and Collaboration:
- Microsoft Teams
- Google Calendar
- Google Hangouts Chat
- Google Hangouts
- Office 365
- Google Analytics
- Google Contacts
Freshdesk offers 4 transparent pricing plans, including a free plan
This option is suitable for up to 10 agents and offers integrated ticketing across email and social, ticket dispatch, a knowledge base, ticket trend report, out-of-the-box analytics and reporting, team collaboration, and 24×7 email support.
Growth plan – €18/agent/month
Includes automation, collision detection, 1000+ marketplace apps, in-depth helpdesk report, SLA management, custom email server, custom ticket views and fields, custom SSL, and 24×5 phone support.
Pro: plan – €59/agent/month
It offers advanced automation, multiple products, includes up to 5000 collaborators, round-robin routing, custom roles and reports, customer journey, canned forms, community forums, CSAT surveys & reports, multiple SLA policies, multilingual knowledge base, custom apps, and much more.
Enterprise – €95/agent/month (billed monthly)
This package includes bots like FREDDY for email, auto-triage, canned responses, article suggestions, and several other advanced features fit for enterprise-level support.
Who uses Freshdesk
There are currently many companies that use Freshdesk's services. Approximately 150,000 companies use it, including large companies such as HP, Bridgestone, DHL, among others. Trusted by over 60,000 businesses, notable names include Big Bus, Pearson, Decathlon, Aramex, and Orderin.
However, it is not necessary to have a large company to use Freshdesk services, as small and medium-sized companies can benefit from everything offered by this software.
As an experienced Amazon and e-commerce consultant, I've seen lots of software tools to enhance the customer support experience. You know that, because I'm sure you read check this website from now and then. Freshdesk, without a doubt, has emerged as a formidable contender in this realm.
The key features I'd highlight are:
- Holistic Customer Support, thanks to an amazing app marketplace and integrations ecosystem you can link Freshdesk to your Whatsapp Business account, your Amazon Seller Central, your Shopify client dashboard… Freshdesk’s multi-channel approach ensures businesses don’t miss out on any valuable touchpoints
- Ticketing System with a touch of AI not only does it ensure efficient tracking and resolution, but the added ability to detect overlapping tasks using AI and automate repetitive activities is a must for businesses looking to work less in random operations
- The tool's emphasis on teamwork
- Automation, critical in the always-at-the-speed-of-light e-commerce environment. Freshdesk’s automation for ticket distribution, assignment and tasks are a game changer
- Transparent pricing and a free plan
- It's not just for the Big Players. Also caters effectively to small and medium-sized businesses as well
- Number of features
- Learning curve
- User friendly
Alternatives to Freshdesk
Here you can find the top Freshdesks alternatives
About the author
I work as an independent eCommerce and Amazon consultant.
Estrella Damm, Intersport, Bella Aurora, Lladró, Textura Interiors, Nice Things Palomas, Castañer, Due-Home and many other clients.
Lecturer & Teacher
I teach and have been a speaker at: Meet Magento, Prestashop, Prestashop Day, SEMRush, Cambra de Comerç Barcelona, ClinicSEO, Ecommbeers, Ecommbrunch, Ecommercetour.com, Ecommfest, EOI, ESIC-ICEMD, Foxize, Generalitat de Catalunya, Inesdi, Quondos and The Valley. In addition, I have done in-company trainings for brands such as Orange and Adidas.