Amazon is a perfect platform, whether you want to expand your sales and resells or create a brand new online store for your own product. Yet with over 2.4 million sellers who already know how to promote themselves on Amazon, there’s one thing they might not be leveraging: Sellzone*.
Table of Contents
Sellzone is a Semrush-powered toolkit that features multiple cutting-edge tools built for growth-driven Amazon sellers. From product research, unlimited scouting and listing audits to split testing, Amazon PPC management and traffic boost suggestions, Sellzone is the ultimate spot for Amazon merchants who want to amp up their performance and accelerate sales on the platform.
The best alternative to this toolHELIUM 10
*Sellzone is so far suitable for Amazon’s US marketplace-only, aka Amazon sellers running their business on amazon.com.
With seven powerful tools within its toolkit, Sellzone helps Amazon sellers to optimize and manage their listing performance while discovering sales growth points.
Below, you will find a detailed description of the seven tools designed to give you a visibility boost, expand your audience, and enhance conversions.
Amazon Product Research
Sellzone’s Amazon Product Research is a free tool that helps you discover winning products across any category. Perfect for both newbies and experienced sellers searching for the next big product, this tool takes into account any criteria you’d want to specify across your product research:
- Product category;
- Keywords (in case you want to research more specific products);
- Reviews and ratings; and, of course,
Armed with all this intel, it won’t take longer than a few minutes to uncover the key factors that will determine whether the given product is worth giving a try. You’ll be able to:
- Discover the most trending products within your criteria, and pinpoint the ones with the highest demand and the lowest competition.
- Assess the product’s potential profitability using a built-in FBA calculator that reflects all the financial info you need: fees, margins, and even potential sales numbers.
- Pick a winning product and up your Amazon sales.
With this tool, Amazon product research is as easy as one-two-three. Here’s how it works:
- Pick your desired product category and pricing range. If you already have a more specific product in mind, you can enter the keyword.
- Get a list of existing product listings and explore all the specs.
- Use advanced filters to unwrap products that have the lowest number of competitors, higher BSR, ratings, and reviews. Plus, you can exclude products that are sold by Amazon itself.
- Pick a few potential winners based on your research, and add them to Favorites.
- Once you’re done with your picks, go to Favorites and press “Calculate” for each product to use the FBA calculator. Enter the product’s cost (and the price if you want to set different pricing) and the calculator will automatically give you an ROI and profit estimate.
Voila! Keep products that look the most attractive within your Favorites, and export them to excel if needed. Your product research is now complete and you have found your set of winning Amazon products.
Customize your notifications by choosing between receiving alerts via email or SMS.
Sellzone’s Listing Protection is an automated monitoring system that allows Amazon sellers to monitor Amazon listings’ visibility and rankings, keep an eye on price, title, description and Buy Box ownership changes while alerting them about any listing hijacking and suppression issues.
- One way to go about this tool is to track your own listings – the tool will send a notification once there is a shift in keyword positions, prices, and Buy Boxes. You will also be immediately notified about any listing suppression alerts (of course, if you entered your Amazon MWS token and connected your Amazon seller account).
- Another use of this tool is to run a scouting campaign, keeping watch on any changes in competitors’ pricing and Buy Box ownership.
The tool setup is as intuitive as it gets:
- Add a listing by entering the product page’s URL or ASIN.
- Then, make sure to add keywords you want to keep track of (to see if your listing appears on Amazon search results for the keywords you target) and the seller’s name (can be your own or competitors’ depending on whether you want to timely spot if someone outbid you on Buy Box, or check if you are meeting the market pricing).
- Customize your notifications by choosing between receiving alerts via email or SMS.
Sellzone’s Traffic Insights tool is designed to help you discover the most efficient external (non-Amazon) and internal (Amazon) traffic sources that can bring maximum traffic influx to your Amazon listing.
For boosting your product reach, simply find out the top Amazon listings you are competing against (just run a quick Amazon search for your target keywords), and the tool will automatically assess which external and internal traffic channels can bring the highest potential impact for your customer acquisition strategy.
Here’s the tool setup process:
- Add up to 3 listings: all you need here are the ASIN codes of the competing listings. Bonus: you can add any listings without being their owner – Traffic insights can dig into each listing’s traffic-building strategy on its own.
- Explore competitive intel from 5 extensive reports
The Overview report gives a helicopter view of the listings’ reach, aka the estimated number of users that can be acquired through external channels. Make sure to pay attention to Sellzone’s custom-built metrics:
- Total Reach Trend (reflects the maximum audience potential)
- Reach by Channel (estimated potential reach of each analyzed Amazon listing’s traffic source (organic search, referrals, PLA, and display ads)
Amazon Organic report
The Amazon Organic report unwraps which keywords bring internal Amazon traffic to your competitors’ product listings.
First, explore your competitors’ listings’ performance over time – total reach, traffic, and the number of keywords their listings rank for. This should give you a great overview of their internal success stats.
Then take a deep dive into their keyword portfolios and check the following metrics:
- Traffic: an estimate of the number of customers you can potentially bring back to your listing if ranking for a given keyword;
- Volume: precise keyword volumes that imply how many people enter the given phrase into the Amazon search engine a month;
- SERP features: highlight if the keyword triggers any special search results (i.e. Highly rated);
- Competitors: show how many product listings also rank for a given keyword;
- Position: reflects the product’s rankings in regard to a given keyword.
Google Organic report
The Google Organic report reveals Google’s traffic trends for the analyzed product and shows a list of keywords that bring the product to the top of Google’s SERP. Metrics to keep an eye on:
- Reach: an estimate of the number of potential customers that Googled the listed keyword;
- Traffic: the potential number of organic traffic the analyzed product received by ranking for a listed keyword;
- Position: the position of a listed keyword within organic search results;
- Competition: the total number of Amazon products appearing within Google’s top 100 search results for a listed keyword.
- Google geo and device
The Referrals Report estimates the traffic potential from links coming from external sites. Based on competitors’ products, the tool will identify which websites potentially bring the highest traffic counts to competing offers. You can use these stats to discover new opportunities for link-building and marketing partnerships.
PLA and Display Ads report
The PLA and Display Ads Reports reflect changes in the number of keywords that trigger a PLA ad for the selected product to show up in Google’s SERP and show changes in the number of sites publishing display ads related to the analyzed item.
So, essentially, Sellzone’s Traffic Insights tool helps Amazon sellers prioritize their marketing resources and budgets and make sure they are investing only in high-impact traffic channels.
Sellzone’s Keyword Wizard is a comprehensive keyword research tool that helps to unwrap the most valuable yet easy-to-target keywords across Amazon. With very little effort required, this tool helps Amazon sellers to find the most efficient keywords that boost their listings' reach and Amazon rankings.
In only two steps, you can get the ultimate keyword list that will help you maximize your listing’s performance:
- Enter your seed keyword (often your product name) and get a list of all keywords similar or related to your product. You can choose between the broad/phrase/exact/related match, but go simple and select the broad match for most cases.
- Use filters to fine-tune your keyword list and to find the lowest-hanging fruits. Choose the second-highest search volume range (keywords with over 100,000 monthly searches tend to be too competitive), the second-lowest competition level (the 0-100 range might not return many keywords, especially for high-competition products), and exclude all keywords that feature brand names that have nothing to do with your product (as per Amazon requirements).
Once you go through these steps, you’ll get a clean list of top-performing keywords that will set your listing for maximum possible reach.
Bonus feature: You can (and should) add keywords to the special Hidden Search Terms field within Seller Central. But here, you should be careful – the field comes with space limitations, allowing you to enter only up to 250 characters.
Keyword Wizard has a special feature that automatically sets your keyword list to meet its guidelines. Remove all filters (to go back to your broad match list) and press the “Search Terms” button. The tool will instantly exclude all unnecessary words (numbers, special symbols, plurals, stop/subjective/temporary words, etc.) and make sure your keywords fit within the character limit. Simply copy this list and upload it to the Hidden Search Terms field.
Amazon PPC Optimizer
Sellzone’s Amazon PPC Optimizer** is a tool that helps you optimize your Amazon advertising campaigns and automate the whole process.
Essentially, the tool facilitates the entire Amazon advertising management process, enabling you to:
- Launch Amazon ad campaigns without any prior keyword research – the tool can gather all the keyword intel so all you have to do is set your daily budget and air dates.
- Avoid inefficient budget allocation – the tool adjusts your campaigns with each new sale, making sure you’re spending less with more results.
- Avoid self-competition by automatically creating negatives.
Here’s all you have to do to get your ads going:
- Enter the product you want to advertise. Enter your ASIN, and the tool will gather a list of keywords relevant for the ad campaigns (this list will be getting fine-tuned as the campaign goes on).
- Specify your daily bid and campaign dates.
- Let the tool do its magic.
Amazon PPC Optimizer will create four campaigns for your advertised product:
- Auto campaign: here, the tool gathers a list of keywords and ASINs that are best matched for advertising your product on Amazon.
- Broad campaign: in this campaign, the tool finds the most relevant target audience for your product based on keywords (phrases) that drove conversions throughout the auto campaign.
- Exact campaign: takes on keywords that triggered sales during the broad campaign.
- Product campaign: discovers the most relevant ASINs and places ads on these product listings.
Thanks to an intuitive dashboard that gathers intel from all your campaigns, it’s easy to keep watch on your advertising results – pay attention to your overall budget, ACoS, impressions, and clicks.
It’s always best to wait for two weeks before coming to any preliminary conclusions about the success of your advertising efforts that with the power of Amazon PPC Optimizer are almost hassle-free.
**To use the tool, you will need to have and connect your Amazon Advertising account.
Sellzone’s Split Testing is an easy-to-use tool that helps Amazon sellers fine-tune their listings and run split tests to optimize page parameters – title, description, photos, and pricing – for maximizing page performance and sales.
You’d never imagine that a split test setup can be such a breeze:
- Сonnect your Amazon account: all you need to have at hand is your Seller ID and MWS Auth Token (located in your Amazon MWS dashboard).
- Make listing tweaks – one at a time – and run your split test for at least 7 days to get accurate results and performance (sales) benchmarks.
- Analyze your experiment’s analytical data in real-time and make data-driven choices.
The Split Testing tool comes with no test limits, so you can keep experimenting with your listing parameters to craft the perfect listing that drives conversions and, ultimately, sales.
Sellzone’s Listing Quality Check is a comprehensive Amazon listing audit tool that makes sure your listings perfectly meet Amazon requirements and style guides. Furthermore, based on expert-shared wisdom and best industry practices, the tool also provides data-driven ideas for boosting your listing’s visibility and conversions.
As usual, the setup is as easy as it gets:
- Add a listing by simply pasting in your ASIN or URL.
- Deep-dive into the report and make all the necessary tweaks to your Amazon listing. For the ultimate listing optimization, go through the list of failed checks from each of the following tabs:
- Listing Quality Score assesses the overall quality of your listing based on the number of failed and successful checks, as well as the severity of these issues.
- Amazon Requirements tab showcases whether your listing meets Amazon requirements to make sure you can prevent potential listing suppression.
- Amazon Style Guides tab provides additional optimization recommendations based on Amazon Style Guide.
- Best practices tab offers extra advice for enhancing your listing – all the ideas come from thorough Seller-initiated and expert-driven Amazon best practices research.
You can also use the “All checks” tab to get a full listing audit in a single list of issues. Start with issues labeled as “critical”, and move on to resolving “recommended” and “optional” issues as the former cause more harm (and can even lead to suspension) than the rest.
3. Once you are done with your listing improvements, re-run the listing audit to make sure you haven’t missed any crucial errors.
Once again, the Listing Quality Check tool comes with no limits for the number of listings you can audit.
Alternative to this toolJUNGLE SCOUT
The Split Testing and Product Research tools are FREE for all users.
To get access to all the seven tools (Listing Protection, Traffic Insights, Keyword Wizard, PPC Optimizer, and Listing Quality Check) within the Sellzone platform, you can purchase the full Sellzone package at only $50 a month
The Pro package comes at $85 a month and features private onboarding, access to a personal account manager, as well as extended limits for each tool.
Sellzone is a very impressive solution for Amazon sellers aiming at larger sales and better listing performance.
In a nutshell, the key Sellzone perks can be summarized with the four C’s:
While not the cheapest toolkit in town, Sellzone offers the value of seven tools that cover various aspects of Amazon seller’s growth at a cost of a single tool.
With its very easy-to-use interface, Sellzone tools are very intuitive which really facilitates the challenging growth aspect of your job.
Product Research helps you find winning Amazon products; Split testing allows you to create the “perfect” listing for driving your Amazon sales; Traffic Insights provides insights into the key traffic channels to place your bet on when thinking of audience growth outside of the Amazon framework; Keyword Wizard helps you find the most efficient keywords for expanding your listing’s reach; PPC Optimizer facilitates your Amazon advertising efforts; Listing Protection is keeping you posted on any changes within your or competing Amazon listings; Listing Quality Check ensures a suspension-free listing that’s powered by the most efficient content.
Sellzone offers incredible customer support across all possible channels – from social media (including Facebook and WhatsApp Chat) and email to phone and extensive learning hubs (FAQ, blog, webinars, product demos, and even a dedicated Semrush Academy training course), the Sellzone team is always ready to answer all your questions and educating its customers about the toolkit’s products and the Amazon selling space and trends.
Number of features
Alternatives to Sellzone
Here you can find the top Sellzones alternatives
About the author
I work as an independent eCommerce and Amazon consultant.
Estrella Damm, Intersport, Bella Aurora, Lladró, Textura Interiors, Nice Things Palomas, Castañer, Due-Home and many other clients.
Lecturer & Teacher
I teach and have been a speaker at: Meet Magento, Prestashop, Prestashop Day, SEMRush, Cambra de Comerç Barcelona, ClinicSEO, Ecommbeers, Ecommbrunch, Ecommercetour.com, Ecommfest, EOI, ESIC-ICEMD, Foxize, Generalitat de Catalunya, Inesdi, Quondos and The Valley.
In addition, I have done in-company trainings for brands such as Orange and Adidas.
Finally, I collaborate writing articles for Helium 10, Carbon 6, Shopify, SEMRush, Prestashop´s official blog, Brainsins, La Vanguardia, eCommerce-news.es, Marketing4ecommerce and other blogs and media.