Viably is a fintech company focused on banking and funding Amazon Sellers. This is a very popular service, especially in the last years, because Amazon Seller's cashflow is often affected by raising Amazon fees, recession, fuel prices, raw material surgning costs… so they need more cash to buy inventory, scale their business internationally and fuel their Amazon Ads campaigns.
Table of Contents
The company offers a Mastercard debit card, issued by Piermont Bank, which can be used anywhere Mastercard is accepted. In addition to the card, Viably also provides an all-in-one financial management app that connects with the tools Amazon sellers already use, giving them visibility into their business transactions and how each transaction can impact cash flow. The app also provides access to Growth Capital, which can help online sellers fund their businesses and extend their runway.
How does it work?
Well, as long as they have access to your business metrics, the loan will be smaller or bigger and you can pay it back using revenue share. We covered this in deep on an article called FBA loans vs revenue based financing. So, depending on your business cash flow, you may get access to $50,000 or $5M, as simple as that.
All-in-one financial management app
This is the “fintech” part of the company. Viably's app brings together commerce, accounting, and banking data in one place, allowing sellers to see their cash flow and find opportunities to grow their business and operate more efficiently. The more cash flow, the bigger the growth capital you can ask for.
It also provides insights and expense categorization to help sellers track their cash flow and make more informed financial decisions.
Viably's Growth Capital gives online sellers access to funding that can help their businesses grow in whatever way they need and paid back using revenue share (the more your revenue, the more you can return).
Mastercard debit card
The Viably Mastercard is issued by Piermont Bank and can be used anywhere Mastercard is accepted. It has no application or monthly fees, though some fees and limits may apply.
This is just another card, it doesn't have any special cashbacks you can use for, let's say, online arbitrage and get some money back.
Viably allows sellers to issue virtual cards to separate Amazon, Facebook, and Google advertising spend, making it easier to track and manage their finances. This may be interesting if you want to have eyes on every spending channel.
Real-time financial data
Viably provides real-time financial data, allowing you to see your cash flow and expenses as soon as they connect their accounts.
Financial planning and forecasting
Viably's tools can help sellers better plan and forecast their cash flow, allowing them to make more informed financial decisions and optimize their business operations. This is particularly interesting when you're preparing for a peak season like Q4.
As discussed, growth capital often comes with a revenue share based agrrement, but Viably does not publicly disclose this pricing information on its website.
What we do know it's the rest (account and card pricings):
- Account Opening: No Fee
- Monthly fee: None
- Card Issuance: No Fee
- ACH: No Fee
- Check Issuance: No Fee
- Check Deposit: No Fee
- In-Network ATM withdrawal: 0
- Out of network ATM Withdrawal: $3
When it comes to the app, I have to say it has a lot of great features and gives Amazon Sellers a comprehensive financial understanding of their numbers (which are often confusing). It may seem weird but cashflow is difficult to calculate if you're selling on Amazon due to the fees, returns, reimbursements, discrepances on FBA fees, rising PPC costs and so on. So having eyes on your cashflow using an external app integrated with your bank account is a huge step if you want to know wether your cash flow looks good or you're about to file for Chapter 11.
Being able to add not just Amazon, but other channels like your own ecommerce and your accounting and banking data in one place to get real-time financial data and insights is priceless.
Another key feature of Viably is its Growth Capital, which provides online sellers with access to funding that can help their businesses grow. This can be particularly useful for sellers who need additional inventory or want to increase their marketing efforts.
In addition to its financial management tools, Viably also offers a Mastercard debit card that can be used anywhere Mastercard is accepted. My take? Meh. I mean, if you don't need one more card, just avoid it at all costs. The card has no application or monthly fees, though some fees and limits apply. Viably also allows sellers to issue virtual cards to separate their advertising spend, making it easier to track and manage their finances. This is really interesting for someone like me, a guy who blindly follows Mike Michalowicz's “Profit first” strategies.
- Comprehensive financial management tools: Viably offers a range of features and services to help Amazon eCommerce sellers manage and grow their businesses.
- All-in-one financial management app: Viably's app brings together commerce, accounting, and banking data in one place, making it easier for sellers to see their cash flow and make more informed financial decisions.
- Growth Capital: Viably's Growth Capital provides online sellers with access to funding that can help their businesses grow.
- Virtual cards: Viably allows sellers to issue virtual cards to separate Amazon, Facebook, and Google advertising spend, making it easier to track and manage their finances.
- Categorized transactions: Viably's app categorizes transactions, making it easier for sellers to track their money in and out and optimize their business offerings.
- Real-time financial data: Viably provides real-time financial data, allowing sellers to see their cash flow and expenses as soon as they connect their accounts.
- Collections and invoicing: Viably simplifies the process of tracking collections and following up on invoices, allowing sellers to get paid faster and more efficiently.
- Financial planning and forecasting: Viably's tools can help sellers better plan and forecast their cash flow, allowing them to make more informed financial decisions and optimize their business operations.
- Mastercard debit card: The Viably Mastercard is issued by Piermont Bank and can be used anywhere Mastercard is accepted. It has no application or monthly fees, though some fees and limits may apply. No cashbacks either. So it's not really interesting.
- Pricing not publicly disclosed: Viably does not publicly disclose pricing information on its website, so interested users will need to sign up for the service to receive more information on pricing and costs.
Number of financing offers
Alternatives to Viably
Here you can find the top Viablys alternatives
About the author
I work as an independent eCommerce and Amazon consultant.
Estrella Damm, Intersport, Bella Aurora, Lladró, Textura Interiors, Nice Things Palomas, Castañer, Due-Home and many other clients.
Lecturer & Teacher
I teach and have been a speaker at: Meet Magento, Prestashop, Prestashop Day, SEMRush, Cambra de Comerç Barcelona, ClinicSEO, Ecommbeers, Ecommbrunch, Ecommercetour.com, Ecommfest, EOI, ESIC-ICEMD, Foxize, Generalitat de Catalunya, Inesdi, Quondos and The Valley.
In addition, I have done in-company trainings for brands such as Orange and Adidas.
Finally, I collaborate writing articles for Helium 10, Carbon 6, Shopify, SEMRush, Prestashop´s official blog, Brainsins, La Vanguardia, eCommerce-news.es, Marketing4ecommerce and other blogs and media.