Until a while ago, creating a website was a complicated task only accessible to people with specific web development skills, but now it’s easier than ever thanks to tools like Wix.
Wix is a platform for creating and editing websites, blogs and online shops. It is a very popular alternative in the market due to its simple and intuitive features, which are also easy to use with the drag and drop system.
Submit your tool
This platform allows you to create a website based on a series of pre-designed templates that are professional, elegant and well adapted to various themes.
Wix has become one of the most popular alternatives for creating websites of all kinds, due to its outstanding features:
- There are 500 templates available to develop the website
- Free .wix.com domain name
- SEO Tools
- Functional for ecommerce
- It has its own mobile app with editing features
- Plug-ins can be used to create more powerful websites
- Intuitive platform and Drag & Drop
- Image editing and retouching
- Scalability of designs and plans.
- Access to the code for expert users.
On the other hand, its high personalization is another exceptional brand. Practically everything can be customized to the user’s taste: code, templates, font type and size, colors, styles, and much more.
Submit your tool
Wix is adaptable to the needs of web novices by offering a free plan with access to the most basic features and a wix.com domain name that includes advertising.
This plan will be ideal if you want a simple website as a hobby, but if you are looking for something more professional it can be small. Therefore, to have a better website you should hire a paid plan, in which you can set up your own free domain for a year, more technical support, better templates, more customizations, more storage space..
These are Wix’s paid-for plans and the highlights of each:
- Domain Plan: $5 per month with customization of the domain name.
- Combo Plan: $13 per month. Plus storage space and other features.
- Unlimited Plan: $17 per month. Space of 10Gb.
- Business Plan: $23 per month. Focused on the needs of virtual stores and other ecommerce.
Since its creation in 2010, Wix has grown rapidly and has been very well accepted by the public, which has positioned it very well in the market.
Mainly because of its free plan, Wix has gained many followers, but also because of its high customization, variety of templates and other advanced settings that give its users many comforts. This applies to websites of all kinds: school sites, community sites, social personality sites, ecommerce sites and blogs.
A negative point of this platform is that, unlike other editing tools, it does not grant rights on the web to be able to export it. This is often seen as a disadvantage as other web managers do allow it, but it will all be relative as, with Wix’ full services you may not need to migrate at all.
- More than 500 templates to start creating your website
- Free plan available
- Technical phone support
- Perfect for virtual business
- Intuitive and easy to use interface
- Low learning curve
- Scalability of services
Disadvantages of Wix
- Technical support available in a few languages
- High prices compared to the competition
- No rights to the website
To create a website you need to know which tool to use, if you are making the choice I recommend you consider Wix as a good alternative.
- Number of features
- Learning curve
- User friendly
User Review( votes)