Squarespace is a content manager system or CMS which provides tools and resources to create and manage all kinds of websites –including online stores.
In order to have a successful website, you need a powerful dashboard, a good domain name, a scalable hosting, and a wide range of tools to improve your SEO positioning and boost your marketing. Squarespace brings all these elements together in a single interface.
Creation from templates
As all CMS, Squarespace offers a catalog of predesigned templates, from which you can pick up your favorite to create your online store. Simply choose one and start working on it, adding your own elements with an easy-to-use and intuitive website builder.
Domain name and hosting
You will be able to have your own free web domain during the first year of the annual contract or use the one you previously registered with another company. As for the hosting, all plans have cloud hosting with unlimited bandwidth and storage.
SEO and marketing tools
Squarespace understands that having a website is only the first step of the journey. In order to sell, you need at least two things: SEO and marketing. That’s why it integrates tools for both. For example: email marketing, responsive websites, features to improve your positioning, metrics and more.
- SSL certificate included
- Abandoned cart recovery
- Creation of coupons and other discounts
Plans and pricing
Hereby you will find all available plans and their main features:
It is the ideal plan for personal websites:
- Pricing: $12/month (annual contract)
- Free custom domain
- SSL certificate
- SEO features
- 2 contributors or users
- Mobile optimized websites
- Basic metrics
These features are added to the features of the Personal Plan:
- Pricing: $18/month (annual contract)
- Unlimited contributors or users
- Professional email account by Google
- Integrations and special blocks
- Advanced web analytics
- Integrated eCommerce option
- 3% transaction fee
- Unlimited product catalog
Perfect to have a basic online store. Ii includes all features of the Business Plan plus the following:
- Pricing: $26/month (annual contract)
- No extra charge per transaction
- Retail integration (point of sale)
- Advanced eCommerce analytics
- Powerful commerce tools
- Products on Instagram
- Immediate availability labels
On this plan, resources for online shops are almost unlimited since its goal is to empower large stores to operate comfortably.
- Pricing: $40/month (annual contract)
- Abandoned shopping cart recovery
- Subscription sale options
- Advanced shipping options
- Advanced discounts
- Retail API
In 2004, Anthony Casalena created Squarespace with the clear purpose of shaping a comprehensive solution for online entrepreneurs. From the very beginning, this CMS has had customization settings that have been giving users increasingly greater freedom when setting up and managing their websites.
Today, Squarespace is a well-established excellent tool to create blogs, portfolios and online stores, with professional, elegant and adaptable templates, as well as interesting features to improve SEO and make marketing campaigns work.
- Domain and hosting included
- Plans tailored to clients’ needs
- Easy-to-use interface
- Predesigned templates for all kinds of websites
- Fewer customization options than other CMS
- It does not have an add-on store
- Number of features
- Learning curve
- User friendly
User Review( votes)