Weebly is a website, blog and online store creation tool. One of its most obvious features is its simplicity, since it uses a drag & drop system that empowers any user to create their project in just a few steps. But it also has advanced features for web experts and developers.
Weebly is a relevant web development option among newbies and entry-level audiences.
Alternatives to this tool🏆 HELIUM 10 20% off during 6 months
Drag and Drop System
Items are easily put together by dragging and dropping them just the way the user wishes.
An advanced knowledge of coding is not required to create professional-looking pages.
Weebly has its own store, where the user can find extensions that can be easily integrated to their website.
- Template variety
- Multiple theme options
- HTML editing
- CSS modification
- iOS and Android app
- Integration with Google AdSense
Plans and pricing
Weebly offers a free plan to create a basic blog or webpage. In addition to that, it offers a number of payment plans for websites and online stores.
- SSL Certificate
- 500 MB of storage
- Domain .weebly.com
- SEO tools
- Form setup
- Chat and email support
- Pricing: 5$/month (in annual contract)
- All the Free Plan features
- Custom domain
- Pricing: 12$/month (in annual contract)
- All the Connect Plan features
- Unlimited storage
- No Weebly advertisements
- Search within the web
- Shopping cart
- Payments through Square and external providers
- Advanced metrics
- Phone support
- Pricing: $25/month (in annual contract)
- All the Pro Plan features
- Product status labels
- Inventory management
- Automatic calculation of taxes
- Coupons creation
- Shipping calculator
- Advanced ecommerce metrics
Business Plus Plan
- Pricing: 38$/month (in annual contract)
- All the Business Plan features
- Abandoned shopping cart retrieval through automated emails
- Shipping tracking data in real time
Weebly is one of the most easy-to-use online store and website builders in the market. Thanks to that, it has achieved a certain level of popularity, especially among audiences with little coding knowledge.
However, it is not only designed for beginners but for all types of audiences who wish to have a blog or ecommerce site without investing too much time and effort.
Although it has some advanced premium features that are ideal for small online stores, it is still far from coming close to more full-on alternatives like WordPress or Shopify, to mention just two examples.
- Intuitive and easy-to-use editor
- Predesigned templates for blogs, webpages and online stores
- Low learning curve
- Weebly users can access a blog, forums and articles with information about how to use the platform
- Cannot use a custom domain on the Free Plan
- It is necessary to pay for extensions you want to install
- Difficult migration process
- Higher pricing than other alternatives
- Number of features
- Learning curve
- User friendly
Alternatives to Weebly
About the author
I work as an independent eCommerce and Amazon consultant.
I work for: Estrella Damm, Intersport, Bella Aurora, Lladró, Textura Interiors, Nice Things Palomas, Castañer, Due-Home and many other clients.
I teach and have been a speaker at: Meet Magento, Prestashop, Prestashop Day, SEMRush, Cambra de Comerç Barcelona, ClinicSEO, Ecommbeers, Ecommbrunch, Ecommercetour.com, Ecommfest, EOI, ESIC-ICEMD, Foxize, Generalitat de Catalunya, Inesdi, Quondos and The Valley.
In addition, I have done in-company trainings for brands such as Orange and Adidas.
Finally, I collaborate writing articles for Shopify, SEMRush, Prestashop´s official blog, Brainsins, La Vanguardia, eCommerce-news.es, Marketing4ecommerce and other blogs and media.